SearchPilot is looking for a smart, motivated and passionate consultant to join our Professional Services team in London. Initially, this role will be working remotely but with the option to work in person with other members of the team. The SearchPilot platform enables our customers to run SEO A/B tests, make agile changes to their websites, and discover the true SEO and CRO impact of those changes. Before spinning out as an independent company, SearchPilot was developed by Distilled and was known as the Distilled Optimisation Delivery Network (ODN). We power the websites of some of the largest global brands and Fortune 500 companies.
As an SEO Testing Consultant, you will be the main point of contact between SearchPilot and 3 to 5 of our customers, as part of our growing Professional Services team. Day-to-day this involves:
- Managing the customer relationship, including onboarding of new customers and keeping them updated on test planning and results
- Coming up with SEO and CRO test hypotheses and working with customers to prioritize them
- Using the SearchPilot testing platform to Implement changes to customers’ websites and set up tests
- Monitoring and analysing split test outcomes
- Communicating the results of tests via regular customer meetings, and written reports
You will have an opportunity to share insights from split testing to SearchPilot’s audience and the larger SEO community via public case studies and blog posts. We have a strong culture of learning and knowledge sharing within SearchPilot. You will have opportunities to learn from and teach things to your colleagues and to grow your visibility in the wider industry.
Running SearchPilot customer accounts is an exceptional way to learn more about what works and what doesn’t in SEO - there are very few other ways to get access to the range of scientific SEO tests that we get to run and see across a wide range of sites in different industries. The nature of our product means that our customers value the work we do and can prove its value to their bosses and organisation. This role is likely to be perfect for someone who has run agency accounts and wished they could give more definitive answers to their clients, or someone who has worked in-house and wished they could prove the value of their work.
The ideal candidate will satisfy all of the below areas, but deep experience of all points is not necessary for you to apply. The consultant role is beyond entry-level and we expect applicants to have some commercial experience in SEO (agency or in-house). If you feel you fulfill the other criteria but lack experience, we would still encourage you to apply, but you may be more suited to an analyst role.
- Good knowledge of technical SEO - you understand what factors influence a website’s performance in search engine rankings
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders across simultaneous projects
- Familiarity with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Ability to work with data to provide insights
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS
- Project management experience - you’re able to set and achieve deadlines
- Communication skills - you can explain complicated concepts in an understandable way
- Ability to work in a team, including delegating tasks and being delegated to
- Self-motivation and ownership - you can plan your own time and stay on top of your priorities
- Attention to detail
- Experience of A/B testing, either in SEO or other areas
- Data analysis experience or knowledge of statistics
- Good knowledge of regular expressions
To apply for this role please complete the form below.
We anticipate the interview process will include a short qualification call followed by two remote video interviews with different members of the team.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Life insurance
- We will match up to 5% of your pension contributions
- A monthly wellness allowance
- A choice of working equipment
- A Kindle with pre-loaded books
- A £600 happiness budget each year so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair or training
- Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons (when we’re in the office!)
SearchPilot is a profitable and growing startup currently made up of 16 people in the UK and US. We spun out of an agency called Distilled in early 2020, with the whole team becoming part of the new company. At Distilled, the product was called DistilledODN.
At SearchPilot we are passionate about our team, and we want that to be more than just words. We want to continue to build a team of people who can thrive and succeed, as well as feel valued and welcomed, at all levels.
As part of that goal, we are trying hard to actively build a diverse team, as we believe diversity is a necessary component to building the strongest company possible. To this end, one of the steps we have taken is committing to an annual report assessing how we are doing on this front - all of these reports can be seen here.
SearchPilot does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristic irrelevant to an individual’s ability to fulfill the relevant role. We are committed not only to meeting our legal obligations in this area, but also to the positive promotion of diversity in our teams.