We have built what we have so far on the efforts of the rest of the team, outside agency support, and our history and reputation in the SEO industry. We are now looking for the first dedicated marketing person to join our team and build a marketing function.
The SearchPilot platform enables our customers to run SEO A/B tests, make agile changes to their websites, and discover the true SEO and CRO impact of those changes. Before spinning out as an independent company, SearchPilot was developed by Distilled and was known as the Distilled Optimisation Delivery Network (ODN). We power the websites of some of the largest global brands and Fortune 500 companies.
We have some basics in place, with a growing email list, some content marketing success, measurement and CRM fundamentals, and a clear understanding of our target market and perfect customer. We have a proven business model, budget to invest in growth, and control over our own destiny, as a privately owned business.
As a result, this is a great time to join the team of 18, get hands-on, spend marketing budget, and grow a team in the future.
The objective of the role will be to generate leads at target market companies and in the process grow the brand awareness, reputation and authority of SearchPilot. You will be expected to be accountable for generating a quota of leads at target market companies.
So far, we have had success with focused content marketing and email marketing. We have begun experimenting with paid advertising with some success in some channels, and have seen engagement with video content and regular content series.
You should expect to:
- Own the marketing strategy, reporting to the CEO
- Be accountable for marketing performance, and the generation of accelerating lead generation in service of company-wide goals
- Get hands-on in the execution and management of marketing campaigns across multiple channels
- Put existing budget to effective use in outside support and media spend
- Pitch for incremental budget for new opportunities based on a track record of performance
- Report on marketing performance to the CEO, COO and wider company
The history of SearchPilot, and of the team, give us an unfair advantage in industry visibility, and you should seek to make the most of that advantage to grow the visibility and performance of all marketing channels rapidly. We will be open to pitches for more budget and resources, but want to see it built on early success using the opportunities and resources we already have.
In particular, you can expect to take immediate advantage of:
- Time and expertise from your colleagues around the company including the CEO and other high-visibility individuals with extensive speaking and writing experience, and with significant personal social media followings in the industry
- Budget for agency and freelancer support including graphic design, as well as for media and promotion
- A substantial email list and CRM database
We are looking for someone with experience in some combination of the following areas. You do not need to check every item in this list, but should be prepared to use examples of your experience in a range of these areas:
- Enterprise B2B marketing at a startup / smaller company
- Demand generation and lead generation
- Being accountable for a lead quota
- Content marketing and email marketing
- SEO and the SEO industry
- Creating your own marketing assets including content and simple visuals
- Delegating tasks and managing projects
- Managing deadlines with external agencies
- Producing and editing written content
- Working with analytics and data to report on performance
To apply for this role please complete the form below.
We anticipate the interview process will include a short qualification call followed by two remote video interviews with different members of the team.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Life insurance
- We will match up to 5% of your pension contributions
- A monthly wellness allowance
- A choice of working equipment
- A Kindle with pre-loaded books
- A £600 happiness budget each year so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair or training
- Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons (when we’re in the office!)
SearchPilot is a profitable and growing startup currently made up of 16 people in the UK and US. We spun out of an agency called Distilled in early 2020, with the whole team becoming part of the new company. At Distilled, the product was called DistilledODN.
At SearchPilot we are passionate about our team, and we want that to be more than just words. We want to continue to build a team of people who can thrive and succeed, as well as feel valued and welcomed, at all levels.
As part of that goal, we are trying hard to actively build a diverse team, as we believe diversity is a necessary component to building the strongest company possible. To this end, one of the steps we have taken is committing to an annual report assessing how we are doing on this front - all of these reports can be seen here.
SearchPilot does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristic irrelevant to an individual’s ability to fulfill the relevant role. We are committed not only to meeting our legal obligations in this area, but also to the positive promotion of diversity in our teams.