SearchPilot is looking for a smart, motivated and passionate analyst to join its team in London. This role is remote-first, but with the expectation that you attend the office at least once a month, or more if you’re close enough. The SearchPilot platform enables our customers to run SEO A/B tests, make agile changes to their websites, and discover the true SEO and CRO impact of those changes. Before spinning out as an independent company, SearchPilot was developed by Distilled and was known as the Distilled Optimisation Delivery Network (ODN). We power the websites of some of the largest global brands and Fortune 500 companies.
As an SEO analyst, you will work alongside our growing Professional Services (PS) team. Day-to-day, this involves supporting PS team members as they:
- Manage the customer relationship, including onboarding new customers.
- Keep customers updated on test planning and results.
- Come up with SEO and CRO test hypotheses, and work with customers to prioritize them.
- Use the SearchPilot testing platform to implement changes to customers’ websites and set up tests.
- Monitor and analyze split test outcomes.
- Communicate the results of tests via regular customer meetings, and written reports.
You can expect training on:
- Advanced project management skills
- Client communication skills
- Advanced SEO
- Basic to intermediate HTML and CSS
- Advanced SEO split-testing methodologies
You will also have opportunities to build your personal brand by sharing insights from split testing to SearchPilot’s audience, and the larger SEO community via public case studies and blog posts. We have a strong culture of learning and knowledge sharing within SearchPilot, and you will have opportunities to learn from, and teach things to, your colleagues and to grow your visibility in the wider industry.
Running SearchPilot customer accounts is an exceptional way to learn more about what works and what doesn’t in SEO - there are very few other ways to get access to the range of scientific SEO tests that we get to run and see across a wide range of sites in different industries.
The nature of our product means that our customers value the work we do and can prove its value to their bosses and organisation. This role is likely to be perfect for someone who wants to work in SEO and/or consulting. This position would ultimately lead to a consulting position where you would be responsible for running your own accounts.
As this is an entry-level position, training will be provided and no formal qualifications are required or expected - it is more important that you are passionate and driven, with a basic understanding of SEO. We would be particularly interested in candidates with any of the following skills:
- Professional experience working in SEO, especially technical SEO
- Consulting experience
- Familiarity with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Ability to work with data
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of regular expressions
- Any web development experience like building your own website or blog
We would expect all analysts to demonstrate:
- Project management skills - including being able to set and achieve deadlines
- Communication skills - you can explain complicated concepts in an understandable way
- Ability to work in a team - including delegating tasks and being delegated to
- Self-motivation & ownership - you can plan your own time and stay on top of your priorities
- Attention to detail
To apply for this role please complete the form below.
We anticipate the interview process will include a short qualification call followed by two remote video interviews with different members of the team.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Life insurance
- We will match up to 5% of your pension contributions
- A monthly wellness allowance
- A choice of working equipment
- A Kindle with pre-loaded books
- A £600 happiness budget each year so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair or training
- Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons (when we’re in the office!)
SearchPilot is a profitable and growing startup currently made up of 16 people in the UK and US. We spun out of an agency called Distilled in early 2020, with the whole team becoming part of the new company. At Distilled, the product was called DistilledODN.
At SearchPilot we are passionate about our team, and we want that to be more than just words. We want to continue to build a team of people who can thrive and succeed, as well as feel valued and welcomed, at all levels.
As part of that goal, we are trying hard to actively build a diverse team, as we believe diversity is a necessary component to building the strongest company possible. To this end, one of the steps we have taken is committing to an annual report assessing how we are doing on this front - all of these reports can be seen here.
SearchPilot does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristic irrelevant to an individual’s ability to fulfill the relevant role. We are committed not only to meeting our legal obligations in this area, but also to the positive promotion of diversity in our teams.